Earthy red lentils, brown rice and a mix of farmhouse vegetables are combined with a hint of pumpkin and spices with for an easy, delicious meal in a bowl.
Additional Ingredients: 4C broth
- Rinse lentil mix.
- Add to pot with 4 cups water & 4 cups broth or bouillon (chicken or vegetable). Add vegetable/seasoning packet.
Optional: add 2 potatoes peeled & cut in 1" cubes.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat & simmer for 30-40 minutes till lentils, split peas & rice are soft.
SERVE with SALT & PEPPER TO TASTE. Other suggestions . . .
- Add 1-1/2 cups milk or cream just before serving. Heat gently
- Add 1 lb. of crumbled turkey sausage to the pot while simmering
- Add 2 cups diced cooked chicken or turkey just before serving
- Top each serving with 1Tblsp. sour cream or shredded cheese
- Top each serving with diced turkey or soy bacon
Gluten Free, No Added Salt, No MSG, No Preservatives